вторник, 10 июня 2014 г.

Tips on How to Layer Your Jewels

Layering Guide

We layer jewels to make an ordinary outfit extraordinary and to give some punch and personality to our
“look.” Working in the fashion and jewelry industry, I have picked up a lot of tips and tricks from the trade. Here are eight layering tips that I use to mix and match my jewels.

Necklaces:
1. LAYERING LENGTHS 
I layer different lengths and textures to add interest to the outfit. When wearing a simple shirt, I love long layers that fill the neckline.
2. THE PENDANT POP 
Adding a pendant can break up the chains and give your look a focus point. I love silver and gold discs and large circular pendants with color.
3. MEDDLING WITH METAL 
For a more cohesive look, I usually stick to grouping the same metals with necklaces. Pairing silver with silver and yellow gold with yellow gold works when you have different textures and lengths. Sometimes I will throw in a two toned chain for a more edgy look.
Bracelets:
4. THE RULE OF NUMBERS 
Big bold bangles look great in stacks of twos, while thinner bangles are generally worn in odd numbers.
5. MIX IT UP 
Chains, beads, cords, leather….I mix all metals and materials with my bracelets. I like a funky stack with a punch.
6. WATCH OUT 
Compliment your watch with textured pieces that add color and interest.
7. SANDWICH THE STACK  
For a more polished pile, start with a center bangle  and work out sandwiching the bracelet with the same bangles on both sides. 
8. SCATTER THE STONES 
Pick a stone to accent your stack. Let the bangles lay where they fall

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий